Power Boat Racing


2019 / 2020 Rule Book.pdf New version of Rule Book May 2020 !

Australian Power Boat Association Entry Form.pdf

Home Contact Ski Beaches Caravan Sites Turf, Soil n Garden Mixes Team Dargle BRPRacing Power Boat Racing DVBC Winter Spectacula 2019 History Links APBA NOD
DVBC 2017 Spectacular

2019 / 2020  National APBA Calendar including Australasian / Australian Championships in PDF

Calendar below Championship List

Memo: COVID-19 and return to racing 3rd June 2020

All State Councils and Clubs,

Currently around the country we are seeing the easing of COVID-19 restrictions. However there are considerable variations in the regulations from State to State so that makes it difficult for the National APBA to issue a blanket policy regarding the return to racing.

In short, we cannot see any easy way for us to return to a normal season of racing at least until September, but this is still a moving target date. While-ever there are varying plans on lifting restrictions in each State and there is often a degree of uncertainty over how these regulations are interpreted then it will be necessary for any Club considering resumption of racing to make up individual proposals to Councils, Waterways and other State Authorities before seeking State and National approval to hold some form of boat racing or test and tune days.

Any resumption of racing before the restrictions are lifted uniformly and Australia wide and travel to any state is permitted then there is going to be no further Australian / Australasian Championships conducted, until further notice. Similarly this restriction must be placed on the organisation of any major meeting where interstate competition is encouraged and large numbers of spectators are anticipated.

This leaves us with club racing and test and tune days and the difficulty here is going to be social distancing, hygiene and sanitisation, and control of any spectators not directly involved. Already West Australia have an approval to conduct a club race day at Burswood, but this approval comes with many conditions and restrictions all of which are required to be put in place before they can get boats on the water. It is understood from the West Australian President that there is still a lot to be done and that one race meeting is unlikely to take place until July.

If any Club is considering running a club race day that is already on the calendar between now and September (or you are considering organising a day not listed) then we ask that you read the following two documents and then follow the guidelines and complete the check list in the sportaus.gov.au/return-to-sport (use Small Sporting Organisation). This should then help in putting a proposal to the local council, waterways and any other approval body. This then must be forwarded to your State Council & National for approval. National are also required to advise the Insurance company of any resumption of racing.



David Toyer

National APBA President

The National Executives

Australian Power Boat Association


Saturday 11th

Sunday 12th


   Club Day  

Raymond Terrace

Saturday 18th

Sunday 19th

Saturday 25th

Sunday 26th


Saturday 1st

Sunday 2nd   

National APBA Meeting

Tullamarine, Vic  

Saturday 8th

Sunday 9th


Club Day



Club Day

Raymond Terrace

Saturday 15th

Sunday 16th

Saturday 22nd


  Club Day  

San Souci, NSW  

Sunday 23rd

Saturday 29th

Sunday 30th


Club Day

 The Spit – Somerset Dam


Club Day